Because Mountainview Terrace offers accommodation for cognitive, self-sufficient seniors, this building offers the support needed to allow seniors to maintain or enhance their independent life-style with the assurance that they can always access the intimate personal touch from our healthcare professionals.
There is always staff on the premises in case of emergency 24 hours a day. Weight and blood pressure are monitored monthly and when the need arises, we liaison with families, physicians, CCAC and hospital staff.
Our nurses and PSWs (personal support workers) have extensive experience working with seniors who have a variety of illnesses, including: Parkinsons, diabetes, heart problems, arthritis, cancer and osteoporosis.
As needs increase, we also offer a number of services to enable seniors to remain in the Terrace building. The available services and their related costs are listed below. When the need arises, residents of the Terrace building can transition to the Residence building to access our all-inclusive services there.
Our Basic Care Service includes the following:
- Emergency Response
- Monthly monitoring of weights and blood pressure
- Daily interaction with residents to monitor general well being and attendance at meals
- Fitness room and exercise pool
- Annual flu shot clinic (Flu shot is mandatory)
- Organized clubs and social activities
- Transportation for planned outings
- Buffet lunch in dining room
- Dinner, served to your table
- Snacks & Beverages in café
- Special dietary needs met, according to meal package
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Group Physio as well as Physician Prescribed 1 on 1 physio
Additional Services Available:
- Resident is fully compliant with medication instructions and wishes to continue to administer their own medications, the nursing staff will manage the ordering and tracking of the prescriptions*. Treatments related to medications will also be managed by the nursing staff.
- Our nursing staff administers all medications including insulin and injectables. Medications will be ordered and packaged in a manner consistent with facility guidelines* for safe administration as approved by the RHRA.
- Wound Care/Wound dressing: $115/month
- Pendant Fee: $20/month
- Blood tests: $25/month
- Weekly showering assistance (one shower per week): $75/month
- Personal Laundry done weekly: $90/month
- Breakfast: $150/month
- Indoor parking: $65/month
*Please note that associated pharmacy costs are the responsibility of the resident/responsible parties.
"Our Aunt was living on her own and due to an illness was struggling with daily living. Once she was in and settled we noticed that her stress level dropped and her quality of life increased. She is happy."